August 20, 2010

fabric


I'm mad about tie-dye and always have been, but only tried it myself for the first time recently. I can't understand how I made it through a childhood of summer crafts and camps without it, but a friend recently returned from her childhood summer camp (where she is now a counselor) with tie-dyed t-shirts and sheets. Instantly inspired, I purchased some indigo dye and scoured the Internets for tutorials. Easy stuff. I have now amassed a collection of fabric and vintage pieces that will undoubtedly be subjected to binding, dyeing, dipping, and so on. Above is a close up of my first "piece" (a big 'ole scarf) and below that, an image of to-die-for leggings by Shabd, available at the beautiful green clothing boutique Beklina. More to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment